Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2014, 07:17:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
SMF - Just Installed!
46074 Posts in 3097 Topics by 433 Members
Latest Member: Paulie Stevens
* Home Help Login Register
+  RAW-IRON Forums
|-+  Videos
| |-+  Video (Moderators: Steve Speyrer, Murph)
| | |-+  Garret Walsh
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Garret Walsh  (Read 1421 times)
Steve Speyrer
Global Moderator
Mr. Olympia level

« on: March 17, 2011, 06:20:45 AM »

The 1st 12 Yr Old Bodybuilder:

Meet Garret Walsh, a twelve year old Canadian boy, who started bodybuilding to simply give himself more leverage on the hockey field, this lad soon found his youthful yet muscular physique attracting a lot of attention, so much so that he was invited to give a guest appearance at the Mr. Olympia contest in 1981 where he meets his idol Arnold Schwarzenegger. This little documentary follows Garret as he prepares for the event, includes footage of his workouts and many interviews. A unique, well done look at a child following his dreams.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZEt9u7c_Wc&feature=related

http://www.cvmc.net/movie.jsp?movie_id=162

Play fair or not at all!
Steve Speyrer
Global Moderator
Mr. Olympia level

« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2011, 06:23:18 AM »

Wink

Play fair or not at all!
Steve Speyrer
Global Moderator
Mr. Olympia level

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2011, 06:30:09 AM »

Garret Walsh - Mr. Canada 1986!!!
Follow 12 year old Garret Walsh as he prepares to do a show at the 1981 Mr. Olympia contest.
Mr.Canada in 1986. Garret is now 30.
GW: I started when I was 4 and 5 years old, drawing pictures of bodybuilders and boxers and my dad took me to both gyms and told me to pick one or the other. What's it going to be?Huh I picked bodybuilding after seeing the condition my dad was in. It was something that I was amazed with,the power, and the determination it took to be successful .
I left competive bodybuilding because just before I was to go to Cairo, Egypt for the Worlds, I hurt my calf muscle and was unable to train properly for this competition, and decided to take some time off. One thing led to another with other responsibilities in life, such as work, and meeting the lady of my dreams (MaryAnne), who is now my wife. And mom of our three beautiful kids, our daughter Keatha is 7, Joey is 6, and Cory is 2.5.
I still bodybuild at home as I have a gym set up at home where I can train. And I am seriously thinking about getting back into competion within a year or two.
It was a pleasure to see myself on web pages because I always hear from people about TV shows I've been on, or other things about my self and never got a chance to see for myself. IT'S AMAZING !!!!!!!!
If it was worth it all?Huh IT WAS WORTH MORE THAN YOU COULD EVER IMAGINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And as for doing it without family support, being as young as I was it would never have been possible. My dad was without any doubt the best possible trainer and supporter any son or person could ever have. And if my dad was alive to see this today he also would be absolutely thrilled.

http://www.fortunecity.co.uk/cinerama/python/13/walsh.html

Play fair or not at all!
Steve Speyrer
Global Moderator
Mr. Olympia level

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2011, 06:33:57 AM »

Remember seeing Garret featured for the first time in this magazine!

Play fair or not at all!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: